Wide Area Monitoring of Interconnected Power Systems provides a comprehensive treatment on the development and application of new analytical techniques, based on advanced data-driven signal processing methods for the analysis and characterisation of both ambient power system data and wide area phenomena in large interconnected power systems.
This book is the first systematic account of advanced health monitoring and control systems and near time power system analysis and security monitoring. Inspired by recent developments in multi-sensor data fusion, multi-temporal data assimilation techniques for power system monitoring are proposed and tested in the context of modern wide-area monitoring system architectures.
Topics covered include:
• wide-area monitoring and analysis systems
• wide-area monitoring system architectures
• spatio-temporal modeling of power system dynamic processes
• advanced data processing and feature extraction
• multi-sensor multitemporal data fusion
• monitoring the status of the system
• near real-time analysis and monitoring
• interpretation and visualization of wide-area PMU measurements